How long do the results last for ?
As Plasma Skin Tightening is more than a simple tightening treatment, the positive results can last up to 2 years depending on the area treated.
Because of the instant retraction of the skin improvements can be seen almost instantly, however to see the full results you must wait up to 8 weeks allowing collagen regeneration to take place. Some areas may require repeat treatments – however it is important that clients wait at least 8 weeks before carrying out the procedure again.
How many treatments are required?
The number of treatments required will vary according to the condition being treated, skin’s laxity, the desired degree of correction and the individual’s response to the treatment. If repeat treatments are desired clients must wait 8 weeks before retreating.
Possible side effects Plasma Skin Tightening the nature of the treatment means that small scabs are present for up to 7 days after your treatment.
In general most clients have minor side effects – and these usually resolve in less than 10 days.
Clients should not have any health issues that may affect the healing process of the treatment. If the client displays signs of cold or flu the treatment should be rescheduled.
- Skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
- Clients who experience Keloid scarring
- Clients with healing conditions Sun exposure –
- Clients must wait for 6 -8 weeks after sun exposure.
- Clients who have a history of Hyperpigmentation
- The client must not have active Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters).
- Women who are breastfeeding or are pregnant.
- Suitable for skin types ( light ) Fitzpatrick Scales 1-3 .
- To prevent infection any eye lash extensions need to be removed and not replaced for 8 weeks. Plasma Pen Leatherhead
What to expect during the treatment.
Arrive at the clinic with no make up. We recommend using anti-histamine medication approx 30 mins before your apt – this will help to prevent excessive swelling.
Once your consultation is complete numbing cream will be applied to the area. Once the treatment area is completely numb your treatment will commence. During the treatment you will feel slight heat in the area, in general this is not too uncomfortable . The length of your treatment depends on which area being treated – small areas may take only 30 mins – larger areas 120 mins. Plasma Pen Leatherhead
After your treatment you will have some swelling and small “dots” that are scabs – this is quite usual. The area will feel tight and warm / hot not dissimilar to mild sun burn. Whilst this is uncomfortable it passes quickly. After the procedure it is highly likely that the area will swell – this is part of the healing process, this can last for up to 10 days. Plasma Pen Leatherhead